(Interactive Online Course)
- Tentative Starting Date: Winter 2021 Semester (whenever the minimum enrollment limit of 8 is met or TBA)
- Day/Time: Thursdays, 8:00-9:45 pm EDT
- Length: 15 weeks (30 hours)
- A “Certificate of Completion” will be awarded to you, if you complete at least 70% of the course.
- The full price of the course is $200.
- With early bird registration in the first 7 registration is $150.
- If you have already enrolled in any other Revit courses, you can get 10% more discount.
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk Revit MEP: Fundamentals training course has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation.
The training course is intended to introduce students to the software’s user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk Revit software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The training course will also familiarize students with the tools required to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take the students through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
▪ Working with the Autodesk Revit software’s basic viewing, drawing, and editing commands.
▪ Inserting and connecting MEP components and using the System Browser.
▪ Working with linked architectural files.
▪ Creating spaces and zones so that you can analyze heating and cooling loads.
▪ Creating HVAC networks with air terminals, mechanical equipment, ducts, and pipes.
▪ Creating plumbing networks with plumbing fixtures and pipes.
▪ Creating electrical circuits with electrical equipment, devices, and lighting fixtures and adding cable
trays and conduits.
▪ Creating HVAC and plumbing systems with automatic duct and piping layouts.
▪ Testing duct, piping and electrical systems.
▪ Creating and annotating construction documents.
▪ Adding tags and creating schedules.
▪ Detailing in the Autodesk Revit software.
This training course introduces the fundamental skills in learning the Autodesk Revit MEP software. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in MEP engineering and its terminology. Course description shown for Autodesk Revit 2018. Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.