National Building Codes: Part 3
Synchronous Online Course
- Tentative Start Date: August 12th
- Day/Time: Thursdays, 8:00-9:45 pm EDT
- Length: 7 weeks (14 hours)
- Instructor: Ms. Masoudeh Nooraei
- A “Certificate of Completion” will be awarded to you, if you complete the course.
- The full price of the course is $180. Enrollment fee for the first 7 persons is $140.
- The cap of this course is 20 persons.
Building Code for Architects is a technical course, which focuses on Parts 3 & 9 of the National Building Code. In part 3 section, large building classification and construction Will be discussed. The curriculum covers separation of major occupancies; building area and height; streets, building size and construction; fire separations and fire-resistance ratings; firewalls; Spatial Separation Requirements; closures; Exit & Egress, mezzanines and interconnected floor spaces; Barrier-free requirements and alternative solutions.
In part 9 section, we will go over the code requirements for small buildings & houses in terms of structural requirements; design of areas & spaces; Stairs, ramps, handrails & guards; means of egress and fire protection.
You need to have either a hard copy or a PDF version of the National Building Code. The course organizers can provide you with the PDF version, if needed.